If you are looking for a ride that only consists of women....you have come to the right page!
BEGINNER WOMEN'S Gravel Ride
We welcome ladies of different riding abilities to join us for our Wednesday gravel grinding sessions. ALL women are welcome to join.
- We aim to inspire strength while mentoring other mindful women who are excited to ride.
- Each week we start at a different location for a social bike ride. Check our Facebook group page for locations. (Also under the picture here)
- No matter what your current level you will always have the option to go at your own speed and will never be left behind.
- Bike (gravel or mountain), helmet and water bottle are required.
While these rides will be physically challenging they are still suitable for new riders and set in a non-competitive environment. Regular Ride Leaders are Tanya Campbell, Sam Palser & Amy Banks
Are you ready to say YES?
- Yes, you will meet new people.
- Yes, you will learn new skills.
- Yes, you will gain fitness.
- Yes, It is okay to walk your bike.
- Yes, you will have FUN and THAT is the only requirement.
*We will offer skills and training clinics separate for any ladies looking to deepen their knowledge and refine their skills on bike handling and fitness goals.
Schedule of Rides
*All rides are from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
April 28, 2021 - Spring Creek Canyon, Rock Road State College Side
May 5, 2021 - Whipple Dam State Park, Upper Lot
May 12, 2021 - Waffle Shop, West College
May 19, 2021 - Kepler Road, Kepler Road Gravel Lot (Possible Campfire Social Afterwards)
May 26, 2021 - Tussey Mountain, Galbraith Gap Lot
BEGINNER WOMEN'S MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE
Want to learn how to ride the rocks and over logs? Check out our women's beginner mountain bike ride and Facebook group.
These rides may be physically challenging but are truly meant for beginner riders. We keep the group together and make stops to play and practice on logs and rocks.
We plan to meet every Monday starting June 7 to August 30. The meeting locations are posted here each week.
- Please try to arrive 15 minutes early to allow for time to look at your bike and adjust your tire pressure.
- Bring water and a well-maintained bike with at least front suspension. If you don't have front suspension please consider getting a demo bike from the shop.
June 7, 2021, at 6 pm. We'll meet at Suburban Park in State College.
Presented by Happy Valley Women's Cycling
Girls Rock is a beginners developmental program designed specifically for middle school girls ages 10-13 interested in mountain biking.
Each week will progress with more skills and provide the opportunity to improve trail and terrain awareness.
Each session costs $40 and is limited to 10 participants. The registration fee is used for our insurance costs, snacks, and surprise swag for the girls. Our coaches are happy to volunteer their time to building a community of GIRLS ROCK riders.
Mom's are welcome to ride with us too!
June 9 - 30
Wednesday nights 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Aug 18 - Sept 8
Wednesday nights 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
HUNTING AND MOUNTAIN BIKING
Please respect hunters during the PA state hunting seasons. Keep in mind that there is no hunting on Sundays. 2020-21 seasons listed below.
DEER, ARCHERY: Sept 19-Nov. 20 and Dec. 26-Jan. 18.
WILD TURKEY (Male or Female): Oct. 31 -Nov. 20 and Nov. 25-27
SPRING GOBBLER (Bearded Only): May 1 – May 31, 2021
BLACK BEAR: Nov. 21-24
DEER: Oct. 17-Oct. 24, Dec. 26-Jan. 18
Also: PA Gamelands (Scotia): Closed to riding except except for Sundays starting the weekend of September 29. Please stick to designated trails.
Any Private landowners, who allow access to their land, have asked that cyclists remain off their trails during all major hunting seasons. As always, please respect private property. These landowners have been kind enough to allow us to use their trails during the rest of the year.